“Both our daughters are absolutely thriving at the school and equally importantly they are really enjoying their time. It really does deliver on its core values and principles and we couldn’t be happier with our choice.”
“Teachers have expertise in the subjects they teach. Their enthusiasm is infectious, igniting pupils’ interests. They create an environment that encourages pupils to ask questions.”
“In response to pupils’ interests, teachers delve into matters beyond that originally intended. In year 5 science, for instance, when pupils learned about the planets, they asked to learn about black holes in space. As a result, pupils achieve high standards across subjects.”
KS1: Lower School (Year 1 and 2)
- Each day has a literacy and numeracy focus and through topics they learn Geography, History, Art and Craft.
- Weekly practical science lessons are introduced, and Dance, Spanish, Music and Sport are taught by specialist teachers.
- Home-school daily reading continues and when confident, girls are encouraged to choose their own books.
- Year 1 traditionally perform a musical Christmas production for the school and their parents.
- Year 2 have been known to stage a Roald Dahl piece or a selection of musical performances and poetry.
KS2: Middle School (Year 3 and 4)
- Introduced to a structured, subject-led timetable with special teaching across the curriculum.
- Dance, Spanish, Music and Sport continue to be taught by specialist teachers and Science, Art, History and Religion are introduced
- Geography and Culture are added in Year 4
- Every subject carries a timetabled independent homework, which is completed in school.
- Middle School Musical, performed jointly by Years 3 & 4 and has included classics such as The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland.
KS2: Upper School (Year 5 and 6)
- Latin and History of Art are introduced.
- Both year groups participate in two joint productions
- Shakespeare in the Spring Term
- Musical production