Progression in KS1 and KS2
KS1: Lower School (Year 1 and 2)
- Each day has a literacy and numeracy focus and through topics they learn Geography, History, Art and Craft.
- Weekly practical science lessons are introduced, and Dance, Spanish, Music and Sport are taught by specialist teachers.
- Home-school daily reading continues and when confident, girls are encouraged to choose their own books.
- Year 1 traditionally perform a musical Christmas production for the school and their parents.
- Year 2 have been known to stage a Roald Dahl piece or a selection of musical performances and poetry.
KS2: Middle School (Year 3 and 4)
- Introduced to a structured, subject-led timetable with special teaching across the curriculum.
- Dance, Spanish, Music and Sport continue to be taught by specialist teachers and Science, Art, History and Religion are introduced
- Geography and Culture are added in Year 4
- Every subject carries a timetabled independent homework, which is completed in school.
- Middle School Musical, performed jointly by Years 3 & 4 and has included classics such as The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland.
KS2: Upper School (Year 5 and 6)
- Latin and History of Art are introduced.
- Both year groups participate in two joint productions
- Shakespeare in the Spring Term
- Musical production
In the Summer Term of Year 5 thoughts turn towards the 11+ and possible scholarship applications. The school provides a great deal of support to the girls and their parents in looking at options and making decisions, following our firm belief in finding the best school for each individual, where they will continue to thrive in a learning environment best suited to them.